As of today, Papertrail offers new ways to control which emails should go to which team members, such as to only send account usage updates to an operations team lead and credit card receipts to an accounting role account.
Here’s how it works.
Papertrail sends two types of emails:
- Usage. Examples: 90% of log data transfer; pay-as-you-go additional usage updates.
- Billing. Examples: payment receipt; charge failure.
The specific emails and recipient controls depend on how you consume Papertrail’s service. For example, if Papertrail is not charging your credit card, billing email controls aren’t relevant and thus aren’t available.
Previously, usage notifications were sent to all users with full access to your Papertrail account. Billing notifications were sent to the first accountholder.
- Only send usage notifications to a few team members, not everyone.Within Account, visit Members. Enable or disable recipients.
- Also send billing notifications to an
accounting@alias (which does not have a Papertrail account).Within Account, look for the “Purchases” tab. Add the
firstname.lastname@example.org. Optionally, set preferences for Papertrail accountholders in Members.
- I want to change which emails I personally receive.Head over to your Papertrail Profile. This is an easy way to edit only your own options.
Let us know, and enjoy!